in Open Jobs
The lead mobile developer will establish and grow the mobile development team at ReachLocal, including hiring mobile developers, establishing standards, best practices and creating processes. They will be responsible for mobile development efforts across iOS, Android and mobile web development.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Create rich applications on iOS, Android and other mobile devices.
- Lead and develop a team of mobile developers.
- Establish best practices and standards for mobile application & mobile web development.
- Work with other team members to define APIs used by mobile applications.
- Work closely with product owners, back end engineers. and upper management to define requirements, priorities and estimate timelines.
- Quickly prototype and iterate on ideas.
- Ensure that all developed applications are properly documented.
- 3+ years experience developing mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Strictly object oriented application design.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with application caching techniques.
- Deep knowledge of mobile trends and related projects
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and principals.
- Deep knowledge of mobile trends and related projects.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to meet both long and short-term deadlines.
- Strong verbal communication skills and natural leadership abilities.
ReachLocal, Inc.'s (NASDAQ: RLOC) mission is to help small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) acquire, maintain and retain customers via the Internet. ReachLocal offers a comprehensive suite of online marketing solutions, including search engine marketing (ReachSearch™), Web presence (ReachCast™), display advertising (ReachDisplay™) and remarketing, deal commerce (ReachDeals™), online marketing analytics (TotalTrack), and assisted chat service (TotalLiveChat™), each targeted to the SMB market. ReachLocal delivers this suite of services to SMBs through a combination of its proprietary technology platform and its direct, "feet-on-the-street" sales force of Internet Marketing Consultants and select third party agencies and resellers.
Since the company’s founding in 2004, ReachLocal has generated over 34 million phone calls and 20 million online inquires for our local business advertisers. Through our publisher network that includes Google and Yahoo!, ReachLocal reaches over 195 million search engine users and 170 million Internet surfers. With over 55 million keywords currently under management, ReachLocal has 17,400 active advertisers and 24,300 active campaigns running throughout 54 markets in North America,Europe and Australia.