in Open Jobs
Job Category: Technology
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Full/ Part Time: Full Time
Reply To: email@example.com
Leading provider of local online marketing solutions seekingtalented software engineer with an interest in web services
ReachLocal, Inc. is looking for a motivated Software Engineer (SE) to join its growing software development team. Day to day activities will include developing, maintaining, testing, supporting, and documenting our digital presence software platform. This software allows businesses to easily establish a presence on the web and in social networks. With direction from a team lead, the SE will be involved in requirements gathering, design, implementation, bug fixing, and code refactoring. The SE will also help ensure the system can efficiently scale as Reachlocal grows, and will work closely with our Quality Assurance team to ensure the correctness and robustness of the software.
The ideal candidate must work well in teams and on an individual basis and be interested in taking our software to the next level. This talented developer should be skilled at balancing priorities and will need to keep up with the new features our publishers make available to us while working in an unstructured, fast-paced, start-up environment.
Does this sound like you? If so, know that ReachLocal offers a challenging work environment with opportunities to learn new technologies and grow as a developer, as well as a competitive salary and full benefits including a 401(k) plan and stock options.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ yrs Java development experience in an enterprise setting
- Experience with Hibernate or other ORM technologies
- Experience with RDMS concepts and SQL
- Experience with Software Design Patterns, OOP
- 2+ yrs experience with a Unix-based operating system
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience the Grails Web Framework and the Groovy language
- Experience with one or more social networking APIs like Facebook or Twitter
- Experience building web scraping applications
- Experience with SOAP or RESTful Web Services
- Experience with the Lucene search engine
- Experience with Terracotta or other technologies for building large-scale web applications
Other Opportunities @ ReachLocal
Even if you don't meet all of these job requirements, feel free to contact us because ReachLocal is always looking for talented computer professionals. Just be sure to let us know why you are interested in joining the ReachLocal team and what you have to offer.
**About the Company**
ReachLocal, Inc. is a leading provider of local online marketing solutions for small-and medium- sized business. The Company's mission is to become the digital advertising agency of record for these companies, delivering the same broad set of online marketing functions currently only afforded to large corporations on a national basis. ReachLocal pioneered the local search engine marketing industry by bringing together a patent-pending technology with a strong partnership model and proprietary national sales force. The result is a simple, scalable and affordable platform local businesses need to create, maintain, track and analyze their Internet search advertising campaigns. ReachLocal makes available to advertisers 98 percent of the search engine landscape through partnerships with Google, Yahoo!, MSN, Superpages.com, and other. Founded in 2004, ReachLocal is privately held corporation. ReachLocal, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer located in Woodland Hills, CA.